• Text Resize

    Organizational Information

    • The University's legal name is Case Western Reserve University. It is a not for profit corporation, incorporated under Ohio law on July 1, 1967 (Charter No. 362476), and is the legal successor in interest to Case Institute of Technology and Western Reserve University as well as their respective predecessor institutions (among others, Adelbert College, Western Reserve College, Cleveland College, and Flora Stone Mather College).
    • Schools and colleges within CWRU are not separate legal entities. Thus a gift to a particular school is, as a legal matter, a gift to Case Western Reserve University, although the University will of course respect a donor's direction that contributed funds be applied to a particular purpose, school, or program.
    • The University's mailing address is 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44106-7091. The Office of Planned Giving is located in Adelbert Hall, Suite 409. Our telephone number is 877.477.1143 or 216.368.4460.
    • The University’s Federal Tax Identification Number is 34-1018992.
    • CWRU is an organization which is exempt from tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 and a public charity under Sections 509(a)(l) and 170(b)(1)(A)(ii) of the Code.
    • Gifts and bequests to the University are deductible under Sections 2055, 2106 and 2522 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 and similar provisions of the tax laws of most states.

    The information provided by the Office of Planned Giving on this website is intended to provide general information that may be helpful to you in your charitable, financial and estate planning. It is not intended and should not be taken as legal, tax or other professional advice. Figures, calculations, and tax information are based on federal tax laws, regulations, rulings, and rates applicable at the time the information was prepared and are for illustration purposes only. Individual state laws may affect the availability of gift annuities. You should always consult with an attorney, accountant or other professional advisor for advice or assistance with your particular financial situation.